Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday, March 28, 2011

Cindy Mortenson writes:  This afternoon I went to see Ilene arriving a little before 1 PM.  Karmalee Yardley and Ilene’s father were with her.  Ilene had a rubber ball in her left hand and was working it with her fingers.  She would roll the ball around in her palm as well as hold it in her finger tips.  Her eyes would open periodically also.  Sometimes they were wide open and sometimes just partially open. 
            An EEG was ordered and the whole process of getting that test set up was quite lengthy.  During that whole time Ilene was moving her left arm and working her fingers around the ball.  Her arm was almost never relaxed or by her side.  The tech had to keep telling Ilene to relax and rest. 
            Right after the EEG an apparatus was attached to Ilene’s trach to exercise her vocal cords.  That involved more energy as she was coughing a lot as she got used to air moving around the trach.  During that time her eyebrows were furrowed and she seemed spent by the time they removed it. 
            It seemed that the whole time I was with Ilene she was playing with the ball or undergoing tests or procedures.  I noticed that if someone was on her right side talking she would try to glance that way out of the corner of her eyes.  My prayer is that this is just the beginning of many advances and progress for Ilene.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a member of bikinglasvegas, was directed here. I was shocked when I saw this accident on the news, as I also ride early morning hours. My prayers are with Ilene.

    ReplyDelete