Thursday, April 14, 2011

Talking Ilene

Today was an exciting day for Ilene, her friends, and family.  While a few friends (Lisa Lopez, Carly Perez, Tom & Debi Carli, Palolo, Rosemary Osborne) were visiting Ilene today the Respiratory Therapist put an adapter on Ilene's trachea.  Ilene spoke a few words and names.  She said Scott, Lisa, and said "Why?" Rosemary, Ilene's sister told her that "she was a miracle".  Ilene then said, "I am a miracle!" They were able to reach Scott on the phone and let him share in the excitement of Ilene talking.  Good News

4 comments:

  1. This just makes my day!I love good news like this. Thanks for posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear that Ms. Sorenson is talking. Love, Isabella, age 7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Messages for Mrs. Sorensons from her previous Lyman students.
    I am so happy she is making it. (Trey age 8)
    She is the best teacher and I hope she gets to come back to school. (Brenen age 10)
    I am glad she is feeling better and hope continues to get better. (Chandler age 12)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing news! Thankful for miracles and praying for more!

    ReplyDelete