Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Sister.......

Rosie said........
My sister Ilene is a teacher.She is really, really good at it. There are cards all over her hospital wall from students who love her. The cards come from the class she was currently teaching at Kitty Ward Elementary. They also come from the children she taught last year and beyond. Most of these cards mention that those children all learned from Ilene that it is important to wear a helmet. By Example is always one of the best ways to teach. Ilene was a safety girl and always followed the rules when she rode her bike. There are visits daily from her co-workers at Kitty Ward Elementary. Even though some haven't gotten in to see her, their love and support has been incredible. All those who know Ilene know how dedicated she is to her profession. She gave it her all. This year she really enjoyed Tristan and all the funny comments he would say to make her smile.
My sister Ilene is a teacher.There is a banner hanging on her wall from Young women in her ward. Like Michelle Beckwith said, she struggled at first when she got that call in her ward. Though Ilene has always been partial to her nieces she never raised a girl. Those Young women seemed a little snotty in the beginning. Ilene hung in there and they all grew to love each other. She was excited to be their camp director.
My sister Ilene is a teacher. She does not have much music ability but has managed to be called as primary chorister twice. She taught the songs of truth so well with her incredible creativity and enthusiasm. She taught a song recently on the moment in primary. The words of a new primary song that Ilene loves are If I listen with my heart I hear my Savior's voice. Ilene loves hearts.
My sister Ilene is a teacher. She has taught me and mothered me all my life. She is one of my dearest closest friends, she is my sister, she is my second Mom. A friend (Ilene and I end up Sharing most our friends) said that Ilene is more of a Mom to her than a friend. That is because Ilene always wants to take care of everyone. Right now we get to take care of her. Even while she sleeps, she is still teaching us so so very much.....

No comments:

Post a Comment